On Friday, March 23rd, Pieter Van Gorp will give an invited talk on GameBus at the national medical congress “Cardiovasculaire Preventie en Hartrevalidatie” in Ede.
The event attracts more than 300 medical practitioners (e.g., more than 80 physiotherapists, 40 nurses and also many cardiologists, sports doctors, psychologists and dietitians.
We are thrilled to share our lessons learned from our longitudinal studies on health promotion via GameBus. Pieter will talk also about our ambitions in the GOAL project and specifically also about our work on providing professionals novel tools for decision support for personalising health gamification.
On Monday 19 & Tuesday 20 March 2018, we will participate to ICT.Open, which is The Conference for ICT-Research in the Netherlands.
Raoul Nuijten, Pieter Van Gorp, Karlijn Van Den Dungen, Uzay Kaymak, Pascale Le Blanc and Frans Dijstelbloem submitted a poster entitled ‘Applying gamification to improve quality of life’ to disseminate our preliminary activities in the GOAL project. This poster has been nominated for the best poster award at ICT.Open.
We are very honored and grateful and we look forward to the event!
Are you also attending? Then please attend our poster pitch and more elaborate presentation (program here). We always welcome your input and feedback.
On Tuesday, March 27th, an internal kick-off event will be organised at Eindhoven University of Technology.
Room details will be announced soon.
During the kick-off, we aim to:
- Get to know each other better, become a tighter team, via
- an informal welcome
- 5-minute personal pitches by each member of the scientific core team
- Walk through the GOAL proposal and CA,
- Present practical walk-throughs w.r.t. tools for secure collaboration (incl. data management),
- Overview of what our PhD candidate (Raoul Nuijten) has realised so far (regarding GameBus, literature analysis and a refinement of the plan).
Attendees will be invited via a personal meeting request.